Friday, November 20, 2009

Poison Ivy/Lamictal???!?!?!?!?

Can I take Lamictal after I got a shot for poison ivy?

Poison Ivy/Lamictal???!?!?!?!?
ask your docter before someone gives you the wrong answer and somthin happens
Reply:You better not lay off the lamictal for more than about 3 days or you will have to start all over again with the tapering up to an effective dose.





I have bipolar disorder (assume you do too since you are in mental health? Ignore this if you have epilepsy) and a lot of people with bipolar disorder get paradoxical reactions. If that shot was benadryl and you get some behavioral problems for a few days, it could be from the shot. I take benadryl pills anyhow when I get poison ivy, but I warn everyone I will be impossible to deal with (really mean).





That tecnu soap stuff in a bottle works really well, even once the rash just gets going. It seems to work good to take a benadryl pill right away too. Also, really hot water breaks down the stuff that makes you itch, and you can dunk your hands in hot water every few hours, or put a really hot rag against your skin. Sooooooooooo much better than anything else!! I get poison ivy a lot, so does my brother, this really works!!!

fig

No comments:

Post a Comment